An engagement shoot is a fun and exciting opportunity to celebrate your love and capture beautiful photos that you'll treasure for years to come. Here are a few things you can prepare as a couple to make the most of your engagement shoot:
- Coordinate your outfits: Choose outfits that reflect your personal style and that you feel comfortable and confident in. Consider coordinating your colors and patterns but avoid matching too closely.
- Plan your hairstyles and makeup: If you plan to have your hair and makeup professionally done, make sure to schedule an appointment in advance. If you're doing your own hair and makeup, be sure to practice beforehand so you feel confident in front of the camera.
- Choose a location: Decide on a location that has special meaning to you as a couple, or that offers a beautiful backdrop for the photos. Consider the time of day and the lighting conditions when selecting a location. Our photographer will also have some suggestions for you based on your sense of style.
- Bring props: Consider bringing props that reflect your personalities or interests as a couple. This could be something as simple as a bouquet of flowers or a favorite accessory. E.g., Picnic setting, sports theme or just keep it simple.
- Practice your posing: Posing in front of the camera can feel awkward at first, so it can be helpful to practice ahead of time. Look at examples of posed and candid shots online and try out different poses in the mirror.
- Relax and have fun: Above all, try to relax and have fun during the shoot. Your photographer will guide you through different poses and help you feel natural in front of the camera. Trust their guidance and try to be present in the moment with your partner.